Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR) revolutionize WAN communications in the enterprise branch. With built-in intelligent network capabilities and convergence, the routers address the growing need for application-aware networking in distributed enterprise sites. The Cisco 4000 Series contains six platforms: 4451, 4431, 4351, 4331, 4321, and 4221 ISR.
Previous-generation Cisco 1900 to 3900 Series Cisco Integrated Services Routers provide fast, scalable delivery of mission-critical business applications.
Features of current and previous-generation Integrated Services Routers included.
4000 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Software-defined WAN (SD-WAN)
- Network automation and services
- Branch threat defense
1900 to 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers (Gen 2)
- Up to 5x performance increase over previous-generation routers
- Secure collaboration and video networks: Advanced VPN and Cisco IOS Firewall features deliver secure, high-quality voice and video and protect against call eavesdropping, toll fraud, and denial of service (DoS)
- Secure mobility with 802.11n wireless integration
1000 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Next-generation connectivity with SD-WAN
- Open and programmable IOS XE
- Comprehensive integrated security
800 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Integrated switching and routing
- WAN redundancy with 3G, 4G, and LTE
- Hardened and non-hardened form factors